Welcome

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Blue Moon in a Tree


I could not stop thinking about the blue moon. I saw it outside my window this morning in the west. The sky was cobalt blue. I got so excited. I grabbed my little camera which, luckily was in my bedroom. I threw open the window, ignoring the blast of wintry wind and took several pictures. One of them was quite nice. I want to post it but don't know how. What I want to do is make a moon picture folder. Well I don't want to do it right now. What I want to do now is go to my studio and start a series of moon paintings.


I deleted my first try at a new post today because I was playing with fonts and font size and did some weird things. This looks OK so far.


I was happy to see I attracted one follower who made a nice comment. I wanted to respond but didn't know what option to choose in the little drop-down window. I must have chosen the wrong one because my comment disappeared,


We went to the Detroit Institute of Arts early today and got there just after they opened. There's a print show I wanted to see from the days of WPA in the 1930's. It was a very good show. There were etchings, aquatints, engravings, wood cuts, lithographs and more. It was a great push by Franklin D. Roosevelt and some other important people whose names I forgot. This effort put money into the arts and put many artists to work. The government owned a lot of the artwork but after a while gave some to various organizations like art museums and universities.


All that looking made us hungry. After having a snack in the cafeteria we decided to leave and we were glad we got there early, because it seems that after a holiday on a sunny frigid day everyone in the state of Michigan thinks it's a good idea to go visit the art museum. They were lined up out to the lobby. It's good to do some things early.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    That is an amazing photo! Your comment worked btw but you left it on a post from a couple of weeks ago. Luckily my blog ntofied me so I found it. Thanks for leavign a comment and thanks for posting this beautiful photo. Are you on twitter? I'm on there as djkirkby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photo Loretta! Absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete