Welcome

Monday, January 4, 2010

Walking my Cat in January



No Way --- Not Today




My cat has been an indoor cat for the past year or so since she got deathly ill from eating something out in the wild and I thought she would die.  My wonderful vet told me if she stayed inside she would have to get one less shot and would not be likely to get sick again.

Staying indoors is nice.  She likes it but she has put on a few pounds.  I thought it would be a good idea to take her for a walk.  She has a little harness and leash.  She thinks it's a game when I put it on her.  

Today was very cold and a sharp northwest wind was blowing from the direction of my studio.  The destination of our walk.  Well, she did not walk, she ran.  Being on the other end of the leash I had to run as well.  

I thought I would document the walk with some photos.  As you can see she was quite anxious to have the door opened.    The rest of the afternoon was spent in the studio, where it is warm and cozy and bright and we played catch the end of the leash.

The End                        

2 comments:

  1. I had a rescue cat that had to be walked on a leash because she'd been declawed by her previous owners. She loved it but she also loved going in the car etc, I think she thought she was a dog who purred.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi DJ, That's nice that you rescued the cat. My step-daughter once had a cat who loved riding in a car, a great Siamese named Capuccino. My cat doesn't care for car rides at all but loves people.

    ReplyDelete