Welcome

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Paintings I Like




Today was a stay at home and get some things done day.  I worked in the studio on the "moon" paintings. The blue moon of New Years Eve did not show itself because of clouds  until the next morning. If you look back a couple of posts you will see the picture I took.    Since then I have been obsessing  about the moon.  Not that I didn't think about the luminous one before.  I have always, since I was a child who went  for walks  with my mother telling me stories about the lady who lives on the moon who always wears black and silver, been fascinated with the moon.

This fascination I have with the moon led me to begin a series of paintings on paper with the moon as subject matter.  So far I have four finished and a fifth just begun.  I plan to do ten.  I meant to post one of them to show  but I didn't want to take a picture after dark.  Daylight is much better so you don't have to use the flash.                            



My inspiration comes from other artists like Paul Klee, Joan Mitchell, Matisse, Van Gogh, Kandinsky to name a few.


The two images I've posted are paintings by two of the artists I've mentioned. The above painting is by Klee and the other by Mitchell.


2 comments:

  1. Hi, I can't seem to find the address of your website so I can see your artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sorry but I am just starting to figure out how to do this blogging thing. I will see if I can post it on my profile but for now it is:

    www.lorettamarkell.com

    ReplyDelete